KBA AFRICA BUSINESS MODEL REFINEMENT WORKSHOP 2017
|Date of Birth|
|Year of birth|
|ID number/ Passport number|
|Highest qualification||High school- O Level|
|High school- A Level|
|Post graduate degree/ Master’s|
|DESCRIBE YOUR BUSINESS IDEA/CONCEPT|
|Give a brief description of your business idea or concept in no more than 50 words|
PRIMARY ECONOMIC AND INDUSTRY CLASSIFICATION
|Select the economic and/or industry classification pertaining to your business idea from the list below|
|Mining and Quarrying||Food and beverages|
|Manufacturing (Food)||Transport, storage|
|Manufacturing (Other)||ICT (IT, Communication)|
|Electricity, gas, water||Financial services|
|Construction||Community, social, personal services|
|Wholesale, retail||Environmental activities|
|Other (please describe)|
|SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE|
|Please tick “yes” or “no”||YES||NO|
|Business Skills/ Experience|
|Do you think you have the necessary technical skills to pursue your business idea?|
|Do you think you have sufficient business skills at this stage to pursue your business idea?|
|Do have the passion and drive to pursue your business idea|
|Number of years employed|
|Number of years in business|
|Number of employees|
Answer the following questions in 50 words or less:
- What makes/ will make your idea, product or service unique?
- What skills and/ or knowledge do you hope to gain by taking part in this workshop?
- What are your goals or vision for the future- Business?
- What are your goals or vision for the future- Personal?
By signing this entry form, I, …………………………… ………………………………………., (full name), confirm that I have read and understood the rules of the workshop and agree to abide by these rules as set out on Annexure A attached hereto.
I confirm that the business concept and/or idea presented herewith is original and my own.
RULES FOR APPLICATION TO THE BUSINESS MODEL REFINEMENT WORKSHOP
- The KBA Africa WORKSHOP is open to aspiring and established entrepreneurs
- Only one entry per individual will be considered. Entrants will complete a questionnaire designed to consider the following:
- Does the individual have the potential to start and run a viable business
- Is his or her business idea viable
- Does he or she have some basic business skills which can be developed
- Does he or she have entrepreneurial skills that can be developed
- Qualifying entrants will be invited to attend a three day workshop in Harare, Zimbabwe. The workshop will include topics such as:
- Doing business in a challenging environment
- Creating an effective business plan
- Compiling an effective marketing plan
- Managing your financial resources
- The importance of networking
- Analyzing trends and more.
- The concept/idea must be the entrant’s own and original idea. Copying material, intellectual property or information from an external party or source will be considered plagiarism and the entrant will be disqualified.
- Ownership of any Intellectual Property contained in the entry forms and/or business plans will vest with KBA Africa. No information will be used by the organisers and sponsors outside the ambit of this specific workshop.
- Arrangements may be subject to change without warning.
- The organisers and sponsors of this workshop reserve the right to exercise their sole discretion to alter, amend and/or supplement these rules at any time, or to cancel, terminate or suspend the workshop at any time. Any such changes will be communicated through the publication thereof on the KBA Africa Website: kbaafrica.com
- The closing date for the Workshop Application forms to be submitted is 1630 PM on Friday 12 May, 2017.
Select one of the following ways to submit the application forms:
E-mail to: email@example.com
Fax to: Fax to +263 4 759166 Attention: KBA Africa Workshop application
Deliver to: 11 Kendon Court, 230 Herbert Chitepo Avenue, Harare.
Clearly mark envelope “KBA Africa Workshop Application – attention: Mr. Darren Goneke”