Household indebtedness in South Africa is currently at crisis levels. At least three-quarters of South African households admit to being under significant financial pressure. Only 23% of South Africans have any money left at the end of the month – with the other 77% left flat broke at the end of the month, with no hope of saving any money. Read More
Don’t burn out. Learn 3 surprising ways to work smarter (and not harder) as an entrepreneur. The first tip guaranteed be your favourite.
If you think that giving up a realistic work-life balance is an inevitable consequence of deciding to run your own business, think again:
While it’s true that being an entrepreneur requires dedication and tenacity, just as conventional employees can find ways to work smarter rather than harder, so can business owners.Read More
People are using the word “agile” more and more during these years. What does it mean exactly?
Agility is the ability to act quickly and with economy of effort in accurate response to change and also to initiate change for business advantage, says Paul Allen.
But if we translate this sentence into an ordinary language, agility represents the ability to respond fast to unexpected situations, and to keep your mind open to new things. Moreover, it would practically mean that all entrepreneurs should be agile in order for their business to succeed.
How do you become an agile entrepreneur?Read More
There’s nothing more frustrating than having worked on a deal for weeks or even months just to have the prospect say, “You know, I’m not sure this is the right time for this project. Why don’t you check back with me in six months.” As soon as that sentence is uttered, the deal is essentially dead. Time to start all over again with someone new.Read More
The Japanese have always loved fresh fish
But the water close to Japan has not held many fish for decades.
So to feed the Japanese population, fishing boats got bigger and went farther than ever.
The further the fishermen went, the longer it took to bring the fish
If the return trip took more time, the fish were not fresh.
To solve this problem, fish companies installed freezers on their boats.
They would catch the fish and freeze them at sea.
Freezers allowed the boats to go farther and stay longer.
However, the Japanese could taste the difference between fresh and frozen fish and they did not like the taste of frozen fish
The frozen fish fetched a lower price.
So, fishing companies installed fish tanks.
They would catch the fish and stuff them in the tanks, fin to fin.
After a little thrashing around, they were tired, dull, and lost their fresh-fish taste.
The fishing industry faced an impending crisis!
But today, they get fresh-tasting fish to Japan.
How did they manage…?
To keep the fish tasting fresh, the Japanese fishing companies still put the fish in the tanks but with a small shark
The fish are challenged and hence are constantly on the move.
The challenge they face keeps them alive and fresh!
Have you realized that some of us are also living in a pond but most of the time tired and dull….?
Basically in our lives, sharks are new challenges to keep us active.
If you are steadily conquering
challenges, you are happy.
Your challenges keep you energized.
Don’t create Success and revel in it in a state of inertia.
You have the resources, skills and abilities to make a difference.
Put a shark in your tank this year and see how far you can really go….
Happy New Year to us all.
We are excited to announce that we have officially changed our name to Adge Africa!
ADGE is a combination of the words Action and Knowledge which represent our commitment to deliver Knowledge Based Action.
With over 45,500 listed companies and a plethora of non-listed companies, and thousands of new companies emerging and dying every year, it isn’t hard to see why the business world is not meant for everyone.
But, if you belong to the lot that is daring enough to venture into this realm to make their mark, then you’ve stumbled upon the right article for some pointers.Read More
Our entrepreneur of the month for July is Tichatadzei Tomu, the founder and Managing Director of Green Lab Chemicals
Green Lab Chemicals is a fully registered company which was established as a manufacturer and Distributor of industrial and household cleaning detergents. Their main focus market includes schools, clinics, hospitals and every home.Read More
7 Brutal Truths Every Budding Entrepreneur Needs to Know
By Vartika Kashyap
Everything you do between your younger self and when you are of age is always the cause of success, failure or mediocrity. But what people forget is that nothing is permanent and you can always transition yourself across these stages.Read More